Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ah...The Joys of Rifampin

So today I'm on Day 7 of Rifampin and Nystatin. I feel like hell and wonder how much longer I can go on like this. On the bright side, I'm trying to tell myself that all this misery will be worth it if I can get a handle on my Lyme and co-infections. My LLMD thinks that I also have Bartonella (tested positive for Lyme but wasn't tested for Bartonella) and this could be causing my continued fevers (still going on a year after I got sick) as well as my neuro cognitive issues. I've had severe joint, muscle and nerve (the TRIFECTA!) pain which have all significantly gotten WORSE since I started the Rifampin. I've had higher fevers, headaches, MAJOR insomnia etc. etc. I think I've really pissed off the stupid Lyme spirochetes and they are NOT happy. It truly is a battle: I'm trying to stay on these antibiotics for at least a month and it's only been 7 days. If I can get to 10 days - that will be an accomplishment.

Since I've never been a chronically sick person before, I've had to do some major adjustments in my life - physically and mentally. I think I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I have to put my career on hold for a while, as much as that pains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment