Monday, August 1, 2011

Starting IV Rocephin Antibiotics tomorrow

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while because I've been having some pretty rough symptoms from Lyme. My nerve pain has gotten really bad and I'm having to deal with PAIN every day. Joint pain has increased too, not sure if it's from a change in my abx (I've also started taking Azithromycin 2 x a day). Since my last post, I changed LLMDs and am now about to start a much more aggressive treatment plan. My legs have become so weak and painful that I use my little pink walker more as a wheelchair and less as a walker. I feel like I'm dangerously close to having to use a wheelchair every day that I'm more than happy to try a more aggressive antibiotic treatment using IV versus orals. I've been on various oral antibiotics for a year now and have only been getting progressively worse. Sorry my post isn't very positive today - I always try and stay really positive but the pain has just been wearing me down. I'm also getting a spinal MRI tomorrow as well, (ordered by my Primary) so we'll see what that shows. Lots of stuff going on right now and I'm crossing my fingers that my next post will be to tell you that I'm doing MUCH BETTER! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment