Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Avoiding Dairy? Try Coconut Yogurt and Creamers!

Because some of my medications don't react well with dairy products, it was just easier to find alternatives a while back, so I didn't have to "wait a few hours" between taking anything with calcium and my meds. I tried some soy products for a while, but when I discovered Coconut products by So Delicious, I have been using them ever since! They are yummy!
The "So Delicious" brand makes different flavored yogurts, along with Coffee Creamer (which I use daily) and some other products which I have yet to try. I usually buy mine at Henry's (now known as Sprouts) because they aren't yet available at larger stores like Vons.

Another great use for the flavored Coconut yogurts, is that I put them in my magical green smoothies to make them more creamy (if I don't have avocados on hand) The trick with all green smoothies is to provide enough "sweetness" so they taste good and the flavored yogurts do the trick. (I also use iced berry flavored herbal teas to mix in for the liquid part and it adds a GREAT fruit flavor without the sugar if you're like me and trying to keep your fruit to a minimum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment