Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mile Marker 16?

Well, I've done about 16 IV antibiotic transfusions now - with about 8 more to go! I'm on the home stretch! I think I WAS starting to feel a bit better, but unfortunately I recently had a bit of a set back due to a death in the family and other major events all happening within a short time. It really is true what they say about stress being such a major hindrance to healing - I felt many of my symptoms returning and flaring up with a vengeance. My blood pressure was sky rocketing (150 over 100) and I wasn't sleeping well at all for about 2 weeks. I wasn't in good shape at all. Now that things are starting to calm down a bit, I'm working very hard at keeping my perspective about things and trying to keep my body from getting that stressed out again. Am back on schedule with my IV treatments so I'm crossing my fingers that I will continue to improve.

Someone recently sent me a link to a woman's story about her own challenges with Lyme Disease called Wild Condor. It's quite an intense story but I was most impressed with her parting remarks which I found to be a wonderful reminder to all of us with chronic illnesses.

She wrote:
"No matter how you feel, go out and live each day as best you can! Exercise is essential to getting better. You have to start slow, and rest in between, but it makes a huge difference in your stamina and immune function. Midway through my illness, I realized that I could be sick at home, or sick out having fun, either way, you have to go on! Going on with your life as planned is important people. Get busy living, or get busy dying! Do not forget, you are still alive, and you still can do it if you try hard enough. Do not give in or give up, it just isn't part of the master plan. Climb the mountains! The beauty of the sunrise on the other side is well worth the journey. Remember, if you have hope, you have everything. Be a warrior!!" - From Wild Condor - http://www.wildcondor.com/lyme
.html

No comments:

Post a Comment