Tuesday, September 27, 2011

MRI Results

Well I FINALLY got the results back from the neurologist office and my MRI results are normal. I guess I should be happy about that - really! But I guess a small part of me was hoping they would FIND something that could be easily FIXED and I could get my life back! Apparently Lyme spirochetes are tricky little buggers and can cause all sorts of neurological problems that never show up on an MRI. The good part is that after 2 months of IV Rocephin antibiotics, my nerve pain has gone down from a TEN to about a 5 (sometimes an 8 intermittently but then it goes away). My leg weakness is SLIGHTLY improved I think - so since I"m showing progress, my Lyme doctor is going to continue my IV abx treatments for one more month.

I'll be honest, I WAS looking forward to a break from having to go the doctor's office 3 days a week and get an IV, but if I'm showing signs of improvement then I want to do all that I can to keep this going. At the time I started my IV treatments - I was THIS close to being in a wheelchair, and although I still have to use my walker (Pink Floyd), I'm using my cane more and more when I can. So although I'm not BETTER, I am improved. So I'll take what I can get! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment