Friday, June 24, 2011

My latest find! A Mattress Protector for Night Sweats!

Hi all, some of you may know that I (with the help of my wonderful father!) recently purchased a heavenly new Queen size, plush pillow-top mattress which I am in love with! I had been sleeping on an air mattress for a while now (Don't ask - long story!) and it kept deflating over time whereby I would wake up in the morning unable to move because of the PAIN all over my body! I have apparently developed Fibromyalgia in the last few months on top of Lyme (Going on 16 months now since I got sick) and I'm so sick of being in pain all the time. The air bed had to go. My father was generous enough to offer to buy me a new mattress (If interested, it's a Queen Size Sealy Posturepedic Plush Pillowtop that I bought at SleepTrain) and it was delivered a few days ago.

While we were at the store, they had these little jars of blue liquid on the counter which were covered with a white fabric on the top and fastened with a rubber band. I asked what they were, and the very nice saleslady (unlike the first sleazy sales guy who I couldn't stand!) told me that they were demos of a mattress protector and the blue liquid was Windex. She said I could turn the jar upside down and the Windex wouldn't come through. Sure enough, she was right! I found out that it's called a Premium Mattress Protector made by Protect-A-Bed.

Since I get the dreaded NIGHT SWEATS from time to time and especially when I'm herxing on a new antibiotic or medication (I will wake up and be drenched in my sheets - ughhh!) I thought this would be PERFECT to protect my dreamy new mattress! It's all fabric blend so don't think that it's of those plastic ones that kids have when they're young and prone to wetting the bed! LOL! This one is very soft and cottony. And amazingly, it doesn't allow ANY moisture through! You can also machine wash it whenever you like.

Anyway - just thought I would share my story - for anyone who gets these dreaded Night Sweats - you know what I'm talking about!

12 comments:

  1. Apparently it's supposed to protect against dust mites and provides allergy protection as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this blog as an outlet to try and share info I've learned and also links to other sites that I found very helpful http://www.memoryfoammattress-guide.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very amazing mattress and I appreciate this article, it is truly good. This blog contains a very unique and informative content. I learn a lot for Mattress Protector for Night Sweats, and I found out that it has many benefits and different for all the mattress I tried before. Thank you for this.http://www.whitepages.com/store-locator/NY/New-York/Sleepys

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing post..
    Everyone love sleep and don't want any disturbance. But this would be possible if you will be use
    best mattress protector
    ,fiber pillow these will be make your night dream able.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great think..
    Think a best mattress protector better for back pain. All that really matters is that you find one that’s comfortable and fully supports your body without creating pressure points.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just thought it may be an idea to post incase anyone else was having problems researching but I am a little unsure if I am allowed to put names and addresses on here.
    gel bed

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great article, Thanks for giving me this information. Keep posting.
    whats memory foam made of

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    memorial day 2014

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.
    European Mattress by Natural Mattress Matters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Xav tau koj hmoov thiab kev zoo siab. Koj puas paub yog tias koj koom ib tsab xov xwm zoo?


    cửa lưới chống muỗi

    cửa lưới chống muỗi Hà Nội

    ReplyDelete