Sunday, April 3, 2011

Joint pain in hands? Here is a "handy" tip!

About 6 months after getting sick with Lyme, I started developing pain in the joints of my right hand. Especially my right thumb. The joints weren't swollen or red - just painful to the touch. This presents a great problem when chopping vegetables or using the computer. Sometimes my hands hurt so much I have to put ice on them. 13 months after getting sick with Lyme - now BOTH my hands have joint pain - but the right hand is always the worst. (I'm right-handed of course)

However, when my father was visiting here last year, he went to CVS and came back with this jar opener which I feel is THE GREATEST INVENTION EVER! :) I used to have such trouble opening jars and bottles but (and I know I sound like an infomercial here!) this inexpensive little device is wonderful! I know lots of other Lyme patients have arthritis like pain - so I thought i would share this with you. I think it was only 4.99$ at CVS or something like that!

2 comments:

  1. I have found a jar key great. No strength required any more to open those pesky jars! http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/useful-kitchen-gadget-jar-key.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates.
    Pain Doctors San Diego

    ReplyDelete