Monday, April 4, 2011

Pain in areas of lymph nodes

So, I've been having this pain in my upper chest area and arms for the past 2 months. (I know, PAIN ON TOP OF PAIN!) The best way I can describe it is, the area around the top of my ribs to the inside of my armpits is VERY tender and sore to the touch. Also my upper arms are tender and sore. I've had Lyme for over 13 months but this just started happening a few months ago.

You know how when you have a bruise on your arm, and you press down on it? (Or when you were twelve years old and your bratty younger brother pressed down on your bruise and says "DOES THIS HURT?!!! LOL!) Anyway - that's what it feels like!

So I started wondering if I was developing Fibromyalgia type symptoms on top of Lyme. I've read lots of other posts about Lyme patients who ALSO had FM. I started a post about this on one of the forums and someone wrote back that there are lymph nodes in those areas.

I went and found a diagram of the lymph nodes and BINGO! all those areas are EXACTLY where I'm sore! So now I'm wondering if I have a buildup of lymphatic fluid or tissue or whatever it is that accumulates in those areas.

I'm researching ways to "Drain Lymphatic Fluid". One great way is to use a rebounder which I got for my birthday so I think I need to double my time on it every day! I've also heard that you can get Lymphatic Massages which can help drain fluid.

Anyway, I just thought it was really interesting and a topic that I will hopefully learn more about and can share with others.

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment