Friday, April 1, 2011

Finally over the 4 week sinus infection!

I've heard that Lyme patients are especially sensitive to sinus infections and before getting Lyme - I'd never had allergies and any type of sinus issues before. Well, I got sick 4 weeks ago with what I thought was just a cold but it was the WORST cold I'd ever had in my life! My whole head was so congested, I couldn't stop my runny nose, I had pressure in my face, forehead and my ears were so clogged I couldn't hear as well.

I was tired ON TOP OF BEING TIRED from my usual Lyme exhaustion and was just RUN DOWN like never before. When my mucous started turning yellowish green (sorry for the visual!)

I finally went to my Primary who diagnosed a sinus infection and put me on two weeks of Bactrim DS. It's been a week on the new antibiotics and I'm feeling much better (at least with the sinuses!) I wonder why sinus infections are so common with Lyme patients!

No comments:

Post a Comment