Monday, April 25, 2011

My doctor wants me to start the Candida Diet for the next 2 weeks

My doctor wants me to start the Candida Diet for the next 2 weeks because of my recent problems with severe fatigue and also because I've been on antibiotics for an extended amount of time which can weaken your immune system. Candida is an opportunistic fungus (or form of yeast) that is the cause all of sorts of symptoms including fatigue, weight gain, joint pain and GI distress. When Candida population starts getting out of control (which can happen with long term use of antibiotics) it affects your gut flora - a group of microorganisms that live in your mouth and intestines. It can weaken your intestinal wall and penetrate through the bloodstream spreading throughout your body.


As it spreads, it produces toxic by-products that can cause damage to your body tissues and organs - wreaking HAVOC on your immune system.

Candida Yeast infection Signs And Symptoms.

candida yeast infection signs and symptoms
Yeast infection come with a different signs and symptoms. Often it may be difficult to see if you have it or not; you should be on the lookout for typical candida yeast infection symptoms and, in case you think that you might have an infection, it is best thing to arrange  an appointment with your doc.
Having a checkup with a professional medical expert may be the easiest way to confirm if you do or not got a candida yeast infection; your doctor will examine your  symptoms and also recommend right yeast infection treatment where necessary.

Do You Have Candida?

Everyone has Candida, and a significant proportion of us may have Candidiasis, or an overgrowth of Candida. Candida starts to cause trouble when there is some change in your body that allows it to overgrow. This change could be anything from a few courses of antibiotics, a prolonged diet rich in carbohydrates and sugar, or even something as common as a lengthy period of stress at work.
So if you suspect that you have an overgrowth, the first place to look is your lifestyle to find what could have caused this imbalance. Antibiotics? Oral contraceptives? A diet high in sugar and carbohydrates? Alcohol and drugs? Stress? Or all of the above? Eliminating all of these risk factors is a crucial step in tackling your Candida problem.
Many sufferers of Candidiasis remain undiagnosed by their doctors and unaware of their condition. Unfortunately, many doctors don't recognize the systemic problems that Candidiasis causes and only treat the symptoms such as vaginal infection or oral thrush. Don't be surprised if your doctor thinks it's all in your head and sends you off with a anti-depression prescription. Some healthcare professionals don't believe in Candida, so you need to find a doctor with an open mind, or see a naturopath, homeopathic doctor or kinesiologist.
So I am about to embark on a two week very restricted diet - NO sugar, Very little CARBS, etc. etc. There is a whole list of foods that i can eat and those that I have to avoid. So I'm REALLY hoping that this helps with my debilitating fatigue. Then once we have that under control, my LLMD will begin treating my Babesia, then Bartonella, then finally back to Lyme treatment. No easy solutions but I'm willing to try anything. 
FREE AND EASY CANDIDA TEST YOU CAN DO AT HOME! (Now I want you to know that I have NOT tried this yet, (I plan to do it tomorrow morning!) So I'll reserve judgment as to how well it works. But I thought it was worthy of sharing: (**Update: Well, I tried the test and according to the instructions, it appears that I tested POSITIVE for Candida - shocker!) 

SIMPLE and FREE CANDIDA SALIVA TEST

Renewed Health Company Saliva Test

How do you know if you have candida? This saliva test is a good indicator of candida and you can do it yourself!.

You may want to put out a glass of water in the bathroom or on the nightstand the night before you wish to do the test just to remind yourself not to brush your teeth prior to spitting into the glass.

Yes, we have seen people test negative for yeast with this test. If you do NOT have a yeast concern, your saliva should stay at the top of the glass and will eventually dissipate.

If you have candida, the test should look like this. You may have all or only one of the elements shown here. 

For a complete list of foods that you should AVOID and foods that you CAN eat, please see my separate page (link is at the upper left side of my blog at the top!) 

1 comment:

  1. A very good and informative article indeed. It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge. Thanks for sharing
    pain doctors san diego

    ReplyDelete