Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lyme Patients need to take time out for themselves sometimes!

I have been living with this chronic illness for 14 months now and am always reminded of the person I USED to be before getting bit by a stupid little tick and now have this terrible disease called Lyme. I have been through more pain and suffering during the past year - more than I would wish on my worst enemy. Through some drugs that made me even MORE sick, to some that just made me want to die. So...with that said, although I am exhausted, tired and too weak to walk without a walker some days - I dragged my butt to the  Nail salon I've been going to for over 12 years and got myself a MANI/PEDI and head/neck and shoulder massage! And let me tell you, it was HEAVENLY! Just to be pampered for a few hours - i could almost forget about being sick and remember what life was life BEFORE Lyme. So I recommend this to ALL Lyme patients! Do something that is pampering and nurturing - get out of the house somehow and if you're like me, GO GET A Pedicure! LOL!

Every woman loves to be pampered!  Just think you get a wonderful foot massage, leg massage and it just feels wonderful.

And if you're on a tight budget like I am, there are places (Paris Nails in La Mesa!) that you can get a pedi for as little as $12 dollars! Yes that's right! It costs more for the whirlpool pedi ($15) but it's sooo worth it!. And you get a free foot massage with that!

Anyway, that's my post for the day! Remember to take time for YOURSELF and take a break from your illness!

No comments:

Post a Comment